Ducted and ductless air conditioning are the two primary methods of climate control for your home. For the Ductless ACS, they are of various kinds including Window Air Conditioners, in which the compressor, condenser, and cooling air circulator are all installed as a single system. Split Air Conditioners two units, indoor units that cool and circulates air, as well as an outdoor unit that has a compressor.
Ducted ACs can assist you to enhance the cooling system of the whole house. The primary feature of a ducted air conditioning unit is the heat exchanger that draws cool air and then circulates it from a focal position in your house. Therefore, it can offer you the ultimate cooling solution for your entire home within a few minutes. For example, if you only need one or two rooms cooled, then the best option would be the split air conditioner. However, if you live in a bungalow and want the whole house cooled, you may opt for the ducted air conditioner.
Advantages of Ducted Air Conditioning Units
- Ducted AC units enhance the aesthetic value of the home.
- Makes no noise.
- Most Calm among the air conditioners in the market.
Can They Be Operated With Electricity Or LPG?
They may run by either electricity or LPG giving much flexibility. The ducted ACs may be zoned, in the sense that only a few rooms that need cooling would be cooled. In turn, saves power in the end. Additionally, it may maintain various rooms at varying temperatures. For instance, the baby’s and elderly people’s room temperature can be kept at somewhat higher temperatures than the other rooms. With a bit more investment, similar ACs can be designed to serve as heating systems in very cold areas.
Disadvantages in Ducted Air Conditioning
- They are very expensive.
- The installation process is more complex as the system is very complicated.
- It involves a lot of drilling, therefore takes time.
- The big outdoor condenser unit has to find a perfect spot away from the living space.
- The controller board has to be fitted well on the wall.
- The supply air diffusers need to be fitted onto the ceiling by drilling holes for them.
- The fan deck and fan coil have to be installed on the rooftop, which involves too much drilling works, making the installation process even more complicated. If there were any issues with the ducted air conditioner, the whole house would be off on air conditioning.
- Although if one of the split AC is not working, those remaining can still offer some cooling to other rooms, as all are independent of the other.
- If there were an issue with the ducted AC, the repairing and replacement costs would be very high, unlike the split AC type.
- However, if you want to install a proper cooling system for the whole house, then ducted air conditioning is the way to go as it can offer a complete cooling system for your huge space, and save your fuel and electricity consumptions.